Due to company growth, we are currently recruiting for a Hand Finisher/General Workshop Assistant to join our team. Successful applicants will demonstrate strong team working skills with an excellent attention to detail and experience of working to deadlines.
Purpose of the role
- Deburr, finish and polish machined components using various hand held powered tools and finishing materials.
- Bring machined components up to a standard / specification to meet customer requirements.
- To ensure products are finished satisfactorily and in line with customer deadlines.
- Ensure products are cleaned and packaged to customer and company specifications.
- Liaise with the Inspection Department to understand if there are any rework requirements from the previous day.
- Liaise with the area Team Leader to understand daily work priorities and customer requirements.
- Review drawings for each component to understand what is required on each job.
- Liaise with team members and manager to learn the role and check anything you may be unfamiliar with
- Using scraper, Dremel, wet and dry paper and polishing material, remove witness of machining marks and finely polish all surfaces to customer specification.
- Occasionally required to take basic measurements of components to ensure they are to specification.
- Where possible and only when given specific instructions to do so, repair parts with machining errors or faults.
- Wash, Wrap and Package finished components to customer and company specifications arranging transport of goods when necessary.
Planning and Organising
- Works in line with the company and customer production schedule unless directed otherwise.
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy working environment at all times.
In return, at Multax Ltd, we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, with regular overtime and financial benefits including 25 days holiday, private medical insurance, 3 times death in service and pension contributions.