We are seeking an experienced CNC Machinist to join our night shift team.
You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines and complex customer specifications. The CNC Machinist will be expected to perform all functions of the machine including setup and operation of our market leading Mikron and Matsuura 5-axis production centres. The CNC Machinist will be expected to work with other members of the team to ensure that all work orders are completed on time and within our expected quality targets. Shift pattern is 40 hours per week Monday-Thursday 6pm to 4.30am.
You must be able to read and understand technical specifications, identify tooling, work holding methods and devices for producing the components whilst communicating with the team leader and managers when additional equipment is needed to fulfil the job. A “Right First Time” mentality must always be applied, and candidates will be responsible for working alongside our quality department to ensure parts conform and complete component traceability is maintained.
Essential for a CNC Machinist:
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Set up, operate, and maintain 3/5-axis mills (Mill Holder, Tool Holder, Feeder)
- Set up and operate precision measuring instruments (Guides, Vernier Gauge)
- Disciplined approach to manufacturing and component quality.
- Enthusiastic approach to learning .
- Be able to work without close supervision.
- Energetic and dynamic individual with “can do” attitude.
- Punctual, reliable and trustworthy.
Preferred for a CNC Machinist:
- Previous experience operating CNC machines.
- A broad understanding of metallic materials
- Experience on Heidenhain and/or Fanuc operating systems
Benefits for CNC Machinist:
- Competitive rates of pay including 33% shift premium
- 25 days holiday pro rata
- Private health care – Aviva
- Company pension scheme – Nest
- Life insurance 3 x P60 Earnings – Aviva
- Free Onsite Parking
Shift pattern is 40 hours per week Monday-Thursday 6pm to 4.30am.